-
RW NTFS
I tried not to come with too newbies question, but was not able to find a proper answer to this:
I'm trying to modify an NTFS harddrive mounted with Knoppix. I'm quiet well aware that this is very risky and not supported, at least by linux (reading FAQs and all)
.
The modification I'd like to do are very simple (rename file like foo.dlx to foo.dlx.tej or whatever).
But even this is not permitted. It looks like I'm definately not able to mount any NTFS drive in RW mode.
Even if I'm using the "mount -o remount,rw /mnt/<whatever>" or unchecking the read only attribute on the icon proprety, or event mount manually the file system with a command like : "mount -o rw -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1". In the latest, a "mount" command show me that the partition is mounted as "rw", but if I just try to "touch" a file, the system tells me it's still a read only filesystem.
Is this a new feature of the new version ? Is there a way to workaround this behavior?
Again, I don't really want to do very destructive modifications, and if they happen, I can assume I'm the only responsible of it, but at least, I'd like to be able to try them...
Similar Threads
-
By itaydagani in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By David Ormsby-Gore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By john_h in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00