Quote Originally Posted by Till
No, this is not working neither.
In that specific case, I got a windowed message telling me that, because of NTFS, the GUI will not allow me to do such a thing.

I'm looking for a more in depth workaround.
Or maybe they are none ...

Sorry, I actually did not mention in my first mail that I tried also that way alredy.


BTW, I also forgot to mention, that, despite of it, I'm quite well amazed by the product.
Don't do it. There is no safe way. There are a few utilities that have experimental support for changing the Admin password that mount and write to an NTFS volume. They only work (about 70% of the time) because of known files in known places in the file tables and my understanding is that they do a lot of padding to make the file appear untouched at the end.

AFAIK even just simply changing the name of a file on an NTFS system an irrevocably corrupt the entire system with the current drivers. There is no safe way to do it.

If you want to be able to interact with the windows side of things, install the system with a FAT32 partition.

That is really your only option.