-
XMMS unable to play .pls files
Hi, I just installed Knoppix 3.3 and I am having trouble opening shoutcast streams with XMMS. It cannot even open saved .pls files on my harddrive. when i double click the .pls file and XMMS opens, instead of opening the stream, nothing shows up on the playlist and a new window pops up prompting me to select a file to play.
I also checked the file association, xmms is selected for .pls file. I have run out of tricks. It would be great if one of you guys can help me...
Thanks
Ray
-
Senior Member
registered user
Never done it, but a google threw up this:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/.../msg00853.html
(seems there's a very specific way to do it)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Go read all about it in the users manual here:
http://xmms.org/docs/readme.php
Hint:
Mime types.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: XMMS unable to play .pls files

Originally Posted by
rayz
Hi, I just installed Knoppix 3.3 and I am having trouble opening shoutcast streams with XMMS. It cannot even open saved .pls files on my harddrive.
The SHOUTcast database was broken all day Saturday. It's fixed now, and works fine.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Loper is right. I couldn't get Shoutcast streams to play Saturday either. It appears to be working fine now.
Similar Threads
-
By hinachan in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 03:05 AM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By furryfren in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 12:12 PM
-
By Prons in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 09:58 AM
-
By kha in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Protectli Vault FW4A 4-Port Firewall Intel E3845 AES-NI 4GB RAM 120GB mSATA
$169.99

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00