-
two questions
morning all,
I have two quick quesions:
I booted knopppix from my cd-rom drive and knoppix loaded and everything checked out until KDE came up, Kde came up but the screen was split. part of the KDE screen had the KDe start icon and the other icons then in the middle of the screen was a black line then the other half the screen looked like the normal part of the right side of KDE except reversed. I have an old gateway 800X600 moniter is that the problem?
Also how do you install knoppix on a HD? Because I have a old pentium I computer at my school that I am fixing in my computer engineering class and I would like to put knoppix on it. The computer is a compaq prolinea 5100.
the computer specs are:
pentium I mmx
2.1 GB HD
Nic card
Sound Card
built in nic card
possibly a compaq motherboard
thanks for any help I recieve,
sincerely,
schunn99
-
Senior Member
registered user
Your monitor resolution & refrsh may be the problem. Try different setting by using the Knoppix Cheat Codes - http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes
At bootup try: knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
or knoppix screen=800x600 xvrefresh=60
Look here for the knoppix hdinstall howto: http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You are going to need to find a smaller version of a knoppix variant to install. Your hard drive is about a couple of hundred MB short of what would be needed for an install of a standard knoppix disc.
Similar Threads
-
By Nikolay in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By Liquidant in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:28 PM
-
By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM
-
By madserb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF
$120.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)
$650.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00