Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Knoppix and D-link PCMCIA Wireless Adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17

    Knoppix and D-link PCMCIA Wireless Adapter

    Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I should start looking to get a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 802.11a/b adapter to be picked up by Knoppix. And while we're at is does anyone know if there is a way to get it to reconize the touch screen on a Panasonic Toughbook? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17

    Re: Knoppix and D-link PCMCIA Wireless Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by tankd0g
    Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me where I should start looking to get a D-Link Air Pro DWL-AB650 802.11a/b adapter to be picked up by Knoppix. And while we're at is does anyone know if there is a way to get it to reconize the touch screen on a Panasonic Toughbook? Thanks.
    I found Madwifi drivers are needed for the network card at the D-Link site, not too sure what to do with them yet.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7

    D-Link wireless adpater

    Please HELP!!!! I have the exact problem as you do. I have a Sony notebook with D-Link DWL-650+ 802.11/b which works great with my XP but the Knoppix CD does not recognized it at all. I am not a Linux person and have tried whatever knowlege that I have and can not get it to work. Not being able to connect to Internet while using Knoppix is almost useless to me. Please advice if you have found a solution.

    Many Thanks
    Alex

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17

    Re: D-Link wireless adpater

    Quote Originally Posted by mig2000
    Please HELP!!!! I have the exact problem as you do. I have a Sony notebook with D-Link DWL-650+ 802.11/b which works great with my XP but the Knoppix CD does not recognized it at all. I am not a Linux person and have tried whatever knowlege that I have and can not get it to work. Not being able to connect to Internet while using Knoppix is almost useless to me. Please advice if you have found a solution.

    Many Thanks
    Alex
    I never figured out the Madwifi dirvers, I ended up making a BartPE bootable XP cd.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    Bootable XP CD????? You mean Knoppix CD?

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mig2000
    Bootable XP CD????? You mean Knoppix CD?
    No I mean a bootable XP CD. It is a little bit of work to do but it's a good tool to have, true read/write NTFS access. I think I have downloaded and built or installed ever major Live OS available int he past week tryignt o get something useable for this laptop with a busted HD have.

    http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Similar Threads

  1. Need help with D-Link DWL-122 wireless lan adapter
    By Mark Walter in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 01:15 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 05:30 AM
  3. Knoppix with D-Link wireless card
    By nolisaurus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2003, 07:51 AM
  4. D-Link DWL-650+ Wireless Adapter
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-29-2003, 02:48 PM
  5. Orinoco Wireless PCMCIA / Dell 1150 PCMCIA Support?
    By Guest in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



SAMSUNG 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5 4800MHZ ECC MEMORY MODULE | M324R4GA3BB0 - CQK0D picture

SAMSUNG 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5 4800MHZ ECC MEMORY MODULE | M324R4GA3BB0 - CQK0D

$599.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95