-
Linksys wireless ethernet card problem
I'm running Knoppix from a CD on my laptop. I have an HP pavillion ze4300 (mobile AMD Athlon 910Mhz, 192MB RAM, HD is NTFS format). The system booted perfectly the first time I booted it from the CD, but I can't figure out how to get my wireless card working. My laptop has a built-in ethernet card and I also have a Linksys wireless ethernet card, which I use to connect to internet. I have a linksys wireless router linked to a cable modem.
Here is part of my lspci -v output (i don't have a floppy or other external media, so i had to write this down. I've only included the two ethernet controllers)
-------------------------------------
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: National Semiconductor Corporation DP83812 (MacPhyter) Ethernet controller
Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company: Uknown device 0024
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 90, IRQ 11
I/O ports at 8c00 [size=256]
Memory at d0004000 (32-bit, nonprefetchable) [size=4k]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned>[disabled][size=64k]
Capabiities: <available only to root>
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.: Uknown device 8180 (rev 20)
Subsystem: Linksys: unknown device 0019
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
I/O ports at 4000 [size=256]
Memory at 10000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
I ran netcardconfig from the shell with the following output:
Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth0operation failed
Failed.
Hit return to exit.
I ran iwconfig as well:
lo no wireles extensions
eth0 no wireless extensions
------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first time I've used Linux so if anyone could help I would appreciate it, and if you need more info I'll happily provide it if you tell me how. Thank you!
Kriil
Similar Threads
-
By Guitar_Geek in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2007, 11:11 PM
-
By Gobitron in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 08:57 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By esher2292 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:29 AM
-
By ys0304 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72