View Poll Results: I think that these programs should be added to Knoppix!
- Voters
- 40. You may not vote on this poll
-
FireFox & ThunderBird a must!
I don't know if you all have tried to use these programs yet, but in my opinion they kick hoss! I have been loyal to IE for many, many years. But have been converted. It just needs some google buttons. (It does have the search though!)
I just started using Incredimail over the past few months and didn't think linux would have a good browser or email client. Now that I have used them on Windows, I think that anyone that uses these programs will agree. They are great!!! I only have one complaint. Thunderbird needs a cute little animated window in the top right hand corner telling us that our messege is received, like Incredimail does. It is just a fun thing to watch!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes these are nice, but Mozilla Mail will pretty much do everything these do and integrates a bit better with Mozilla imho. I suspect that they won't be added since there is simply no more room on the cd and it's unlikely that Klaus would remove Mozilla Mail in order to mail room. As far as Incredimail goes....yuck.
-
I have been a loyal mozilla user since about Milestone16, but have been using Firefox almost exclusively since it was first renamed to Firebird from Phoenix. I find Firefox loads much faster, has a lot more extensions and themes available, and is generally much nicer to use than Mozilla. The same is true for Thunderbird IMHO.... the only thing I find lacking is the integration between the two and the lack of standalone "Composer" application. I definitely vote for Firefox/Thunderbird!
-
Junior Member
registered user
I use both of those in tandem at school. But at home I just stick with Mozilla, that way I only need to remember one name
(Firebird becomes FireFox, what the hell?)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Got Mozilla, FireThing and Opera installed on my machine at work. Find myself using FireThing more and more - although there are still a few things I really miss from Opera.
Unfortunately IE is still needed to view some sites (both internal and external)...
Anyway, I do hope FireThing gets included soon. As for Thunderbird, never used it, have to use Outlook :((
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ugh, I hate outlook
-
Senior Member
registered user
Added both to the Overclockx 3.4.
-
I have been noticing that FireFox is getting more and more popular everyday. There are reviews and people shouting its name on sites all over the place. IE has finally found a threat.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Hunkah
I have been noticing that FireFox is getting more and more popular everyday. There are reviews and people shouting its name on sites all over the place. IE has finally found a threat.
And you can install it with just a klik on http://klik.berlios.de/ - even if running Knoppix from CD...
-
Yes, I know, you have posted this about 15 times on all the other threads. Most of us read more than one thread, so you don't have to re-post it that many times. I think it gets people really mad, to the point where you will be flogged.
Similar Threads
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
-
By lotech in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
-
By chada in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 08:52 AM
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 05:12 PM
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99

HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00