any ideas?
Hi!
I have bought a new GeForve5600 a couple of months ago. One month ago problems started. My monitor ( 17 inches) flickers every once a while, but sometimes too many times, for a couple of seconds, and the screen reapears, but the display is garbled. Something is causing my monitor to change its frequency from 85 Hz to 84 Hz. The same is if i change the frequency to 60 Hz. SAdly that is not all... Sometimes my computer freezes for about 20 seconds ( the sound is still playing, but the display on the screen does not change if I eg.move my mouse).What should i do?
HEELP!
any ideas?
I've seen this problem on other computers. Try another driver card, power supply, and monitor.
I'd say the power supply or monitor will fix the problem.
You don't need to purchase new, borrow from a friend or from another computer in your junk pile!![]()
monitor is not the prob. i tried a different one, but it still happend.
What did you do to your pc ( you said that you have already seen this problems before)
try changing the refresh rate.
i already tried that before, doesnt work!
My problem was cured by a upgraded power supply. Though I did replace the driver card just before the power supply.
I think the combination was too much for the PS to handle.
![]()
mine friend has the same graphic card and a 250 W thingy (i dont know the expression in english)but he doesnt have problems!. But i have a 300 W thingyand many problems

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99