I use mozilla flavored browsers since 99 and I am very happy with Firefox(Even on Windows I rarely run IE).
Firefox is now in unstable branch and I am using it at this moment.
This is, undeniably, the fastest browser I've ever used. Even my Windows buddies agree -- it blows IE out of the water. Some minor improvements over .7 most notably the download manager. The extensions work in Linux and I've added a few from the extensive list already.
Overall, Firefox is a great browser and worth the effort of an upgrade if only for the speed improvements. Now if they'd only make a QT version ...
Please add your thoughts.
I use mozilla flavored browsers since 99 and I am very happy with Firefox(Even on Windows I rarely run IE).
See this link...
Firefox Needed
Added to my latest beta and will update to .8 later tonight and maybe get the iso posted in a couple of days.
You can make mozilla-firefox the default browser by setting:
update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
Happy surfing.
FireFox can be installed with just one klik from http://klik.berlios.de/ thanks to a contributed klik recipe![]()
sweet....that update-alternatives thing totally fixed my problem. I read somewhere else that the way to do it was to change the file associations in the control center (for knoppix) but that totally did nothing useful.
thanks dewd!
Tried that, but getting an error (protocal not supported)
not sure why....

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
WD Re 3TB Enterprise 3.5" HDD SATA 6Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache
$70.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Hitachi Ultrastar 3TB 7200RPM 3.5in SATA III 6Gb/s - enterprise-grade hard drive
$49.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00