Ok, I am a Knoppix n00b, I have run the disk and got to the desktop, how do i connect to the internet, I am useing SBC DSL as my provider, and I am useing a speedstream modem? Help would be appreciated.![]()
Ok, I am a Knoppix n00b, I have run the disk and got to the desktop, how do i connect to the internet, I am useing SBC DSL as my provider, and I am useing a speedstream modem? Help would be appreciated.![]()
Is the modem connected with ethernet cables or USb? if its ethernet then you can just use DCHP to connect. If its USB that could be a little more complicated as you would need drivers for the modem which if its a new modem knoppix proaby won't support. Then try starting up konqueror and If I'm not mistaken it should ask for username and password is applicatable.
As for Metroid Prime, Great game.
Yea, its hooked up to ehternet, ill try that thanks.
and yes prime pwns
ok, as i stated before, im a linux noob, very different from windows, but anyways, what is DCHP, how do i use it.. and so on, as i also stated before, i am useing sbc yahoo; with a speedstreat ethernet modem... thanks again for the help (hopefully)![]()
If it is Ethernet:Originally Posted by metroidprime13
Go to "K" Program button and then --->
"Internet" / "Connect" / "ADSL-PPPoE Config"
And follow the prompts...
Pretty much you just answer yes. I have the same setup as you and I am typing this on Konquerer right now!
Good Luck...(Shouldn't need it..its easy...!)
-Brady
ok, i can get through this... then it says the connecting has been triggered an this box disappears.. so i try to use knoqueror and it says something about this page is not avilable, so i am assuming i havent connected right. so how do i fix this?
also, when i enter my sign in name during the setup, do i need to ender the whole @soandso.com or does it know what my isp is?
IYou need to enter the whole string, with ISP, like [email protected]. It's easy, and it works great!Originally Posted by metroidprime13
Yeah,Originally Posted by metroidprime13
Metroid, like the post before says:
username:
(username)@sbcglobal.net
password:
(yourpasswd)
Answer (CLICK) "YES" to all questions.
And then it will do what you said (say it is triggered) and you should be connecting fine. I have exactly the same dsl setup same modem/provider so I know this works. You can go to sbc and get your list of News servers and smtp/pop addresses too, and get everything working cool.
Your DNS will download automatically by answering YES to /etc/resolv.conf question. Like I said answer YES to all questions!
I think your problem before was you put just your username in w/o the @sbcglobal.net. This will not allow you to logon to SBCYahoo Concentrator. And of course you needed to answer YES to all those questions
Brady
yea, i do all this, but then it when i open knoqueror it comes up to the main page, and does when i try to go to a site eg. hotmail it says this page is not avalible, i also tryed this with google and other things.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$69.00
Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00