What video/card/chipset?
Maybe try booting Knoppix and issue:
less /etc/X11/XF86Config-4|grep Driver
I'm trying to run Knoppix STD 0.1b and i get an error that reads the following:
Error: No Suitable X-Server for your card
I dont remenber the exact message.![]()
Is there any way to get through this?
I really want to use Knoppix STD... I have used Knoppix and really like it and want to see how STD is like.![]()
thanks to any1 that helps me!!![]()
What video/card/chipset?
Maybe try booting Knoppix and issue:
less /etc/X11/XF86Config-4|grep Driver
i have a ATI Radeon 7500
Have you tried booting like so:
boot: knoppix module=nv
Have a look at the cheat codes linked in the Docs section at the top of this very page.
If that doesn't get you fixed then follow the rest directions I gave you the first time I posted.
*hint* Start remembering error messages. If the machinhe fails to boot write it down. If it boots then copy and paste it somewhere. This isn't the world of worthless windows error messages.![]()
i tried boot: knoppix module=radeon
it didnt work tho... i'll try that... thnkz for the help.
Opps my bad- try:Originally Posted by illdourmum
xmodule=radeon
xmodule=ati
xmodule=nv
Not really sure what the difference is to be honest.

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00