Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix/Linux and printers

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    37

    Knoppix/Linux and printers

    Currently, I have a Dell Dimension 4500 (Intel 2GHz w/512K) attached to both an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 and an HP OfficeJet K60 via USB. Everything works under Winbloze XP.

    However, in Linux (Knoppix Live, not installed):

    Knoppix | Configure | Configure Printers | Add printer.... blah blah blah.

    Knoppix sees the printers and lists them by name and model but won't print to them through USB. (Though I didn't try "Raw" printing as I did below.

    Knoppix sees the printers and lists them by name and model but won't print to them through LPT1 *unless* I treat them as "Raw" printers (no driver needed). I don't need *much* more than an ASCII printer, but I do need *some* more than an ASCII printer.

    Where's the rub? Any other Dell people having this prob? I'm hoping it's the "complicated" printers. If so, what's a cheap jet type printer that works plug-and-pray with Knoppix/Linux. I only need it for desktop publishing: nice, crisp fonts. Color wouldn't suck but I won't be printing photos with this thing. Oh... USB would be nice assuming it isn't part of the problem.

    Suggestions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Have a look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/
    They even have some suggestions.

Similar Threads

  1. Printers, USB and otherwise.
    By kayl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 11:21 AM
  2. many printers broke in knoppix 3.4+?
    By drews in forum General Support
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:59 AM
  3. Installing printers
    By satyr409 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
  4. To many printers
    By dave52355 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2003, 03:05 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules picture

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules

$69.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP picture

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP

$800.00



Yealink SIP-T46S Black IP Phone 16-Line Gigabit Ethernet PoE picture

Yealink SIP-T46S Black IP Phone 16-Line Gigabit Ethernet PoE

$211.75



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99