You can get root or superuser access by going to the KMenu -> Knoppix Menu->Root Shell. This Root Shell, if I remember correctly, is green.
Hi guys
I downloaded knoppix just a few days back. So i m veryyyyyy new to it as well as ne UNIX stuff. Its like tht here in india. neways i have made a beginnin. I gotta a small prob ie how do i login as root or wot shud i do to get sys admin access. I wanna run yahoo messenger which needs root access.
BTW, i gotta cable connection n i had no idea how fast it was till i ran knoppix, god my old OS Windows sux. appreciate ur help.
You can get root or superuser access by going to the KMenu -> Knoppix Menu->Root Shell. This Root Shell, if I remember correctly, is green.
Thanx underscore, i got tht
But tht still doesnt solve my prob. Wot i need to do is unpack a debian package but when i use shell there is fle read only error & i cant use kpackage bcos it asks for root password which i m not aware of.
Is this a Hard Drive install or are you running Knoppix from a CD?
Where is the package?
Its on the cd. will knoppix live installer work?
I am trying bio knoppix based on knoppix 3.3 but there is an error, OS cannot read Fat table and partition, this prescendence because the old vesion knoppix 2 can do it. Is there any patch?
Thanks

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99
Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99