Forget about this question, folks, it's working now. I don't really know why, but who said computers are logical creatures?
Naomi
These are my first steps with Linux, so please bear with me.
When I boot Knoppix on my Windows XP machine (80GB FAT32 drive, one single partition) my hard disk is not recognised. On the desktop, I just see trashcan, diskette, CD Rom and Knoppix. Is this because the hard disk has only one partition with Windows on it?
Any help much appreciated
Naomi
Forget about this question, folks, it's working now. I don't really know why, but who said computers are logical creatures?
Naomi

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
HP P40893-B21 EDGELINE E920T CONFIGURE-TO-ORDER BLADE SERVER
$300.00
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00