Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: award modular bios 4.51 pg

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    28

    award modular bios 4.51 pg

    Hi,

    I am trying to install knoppix on a celeron 266MHz machine with 230 MB ram and 3 GB disk... and it is starting to become a nightmare. I used to havee problems with the boot of knoppix... eveything would work ok but then installation would freeze and everything was screwed up. I changed the cd unit (I got a 52x) and now it is working perfectly... I can load knoppix but when I make knx-hdinstall everything looks nice, apart from the fact that it doesn't shutdown completely after session and when I start the pc it goes mad. It looks like lilo was trying to load linux but suddenly all freezes and I get something like

    99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 9999 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99 99

    all over the screen... I have already tried all possibilites: Not to install lilo, with lilo, making a little bootable partition ath the beginning of the disk... without it and making root partition bootable (I mean the flag in fdisk), deleting the flag... ALL... and I get always those ***** 99s...
    I do not have winblows on the disk and my bios is
    award modular 4.51 pg
    rom pci/isa (2a69jm49)
    Do I have to make an upgrade of the bios or what?

    Please help me... this is basically for my wife and she's already threating me with going back to winblows...

    thanks,

    Pau

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Looks like Lilo might have installed in the wrong place.

    Try (as root) -- sounds like you'll have to use the CD to get in --

    /sbin/lilo

    and see if that helps.

    If not, please post your /etc/lilo.conf

    and

    /etc/fstab

    You might also try making a bootdisk (always a good idea).

    Do check that any boot blocker anti-virus on your bios is disabled and that your bios is set to "non plug and play OS".

Similar Threads

  1. soundcard not running kernal? needs modular sound?
    By tymlls05 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2005, 11:16 PM
  2. BIOS problem
    By twiistedkaos in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 07:27 AM
  3. BIOS pwd
    By xtoor in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 04:00 AM
  4. Dell BIOS
    By Systems in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 02:52 PM
  5. Plugscript:a new and easy modular config. system f.KNOPPIX
    By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99