Try booting like so:
knoppix testcd
It should return some thing like: "everything looks OK"
If testcd is ok then tell us what happens exactly when it crashes. Does it freeze or simply reboot on its own?
I have recently tried Knoppix for the first time, and I must say, it is impressive. I'm liking it much more than windows. However, there is a problem. The first time I loaded it, it worked pretty well for about an hour, and then it crashed to reboot. Now, it crashes in under 8 minutes from loadup. I ran memtest86 and my memory is okay. Knoppix doesn't report any error messages in loadup.
Currently:
Zoomlink modem
256mb ram
sis300 video card
1 cd-rw (Que!, I think.)
2 HDD- one maxtor(40), one seagate (80)
Even knoppix failsafe will crash my computer no matter what I do. What's the source of my woes?
Thanks
Try booting like so:
knoppix testcd
It should return some thing like: "everything looks OK"
If testcd is ok then tell us what happens exactly when it crashes. Does it freeze or simply reboot on its own?
Testcd reports everything looks OK, but when I shut down, I did notice this error (Mostly correct, some parts a bit paraphrased):
sisfb: Fatal error: unable to reserve framebuffer memory.
sisfb: Is there another framebuffer driver active?
sisfb.o: init_module: No such device
This can be caused by incorrect module parameters including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
insmod sis failed.
This popped up just before the graphics part loaded.

Atari 410 Program Recorder Cassette Tape Drive for Atari 400/800 Computers
$150.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25
Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00