Try booting like so:
knoppix testcd
It should return some thing like: "everything looks OK"
If testcd is ok then tell us what happens exactly when it crashes. Does it freeze or simply reboot on its own?
I have recently tried Knoppix for the first time, and I must say, it is impressive. I'm liking it much more than windows. However, there is a problem. The first time I loaded it, it worked pretty well for about an hour, and then it crashed to reboot. Now, it crashes in under 8 minutes from loadup. I ran memtest86 and my memory is okay. Knoppix doesn't report any error messages in loadup.
Currently:
Zoomlink modem
256mb ram
sis300 video card
1 cd-rw (Que!, I think.)
2 HDD- one maxtor(40), one seagate (80)
Even knoppix failsafe will crash my computer no matter what I do. What's the source of my woes?
Thanks
Try booting like so:
knoppix testcd
It should return some thing like: "everything looks OK"
If testcd is ok then tell us what happens exactly when it crashes. Does it freeze or simply reboot on its own?
Testcd reports everything looks OK, but when I shut down, I did notice this error (Mostly correct, some parts a bit paraphrased):
sisfb: Fatal error: unable to reserve framebuffer memory.
sisfb: Is there another framebuffer driver active?
sisfb.o: init_module: No such device
This can be caused by incorrect module parameters including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
insmod sis failed.
This popped up just before the graphics part loaded.

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh Keyboard M0115
$120.00
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99