-
Philips PCVC720K/40 XS ToUcam USB Webcam Support
Hi,
Does Knoppix (kernel 2.4.19-xfs) suport Philips PCVC720K/40 webcam? I've just bought one and plugged it in and since there was no pcw module in my Debian ( 2.4.18 ) I've tried to boot the machine with Knoppix to see if it works. Then in the root shell I've installed pwc and videolinux modules (usb modules were already loaded).
Then I checked /dev/video and created a symbolic link to is using the name: /dev/video0 using the command: ln -sf /dev/video0 /dev/video
Then I tried to run xawt by simply issuing its name and also using this command: xawtv -c /dev/video0
Both failed complaining that there is no such device /dev/video0
I also tried it with /dev/video but I've got the same error message.
What can be the problem? How can I troubleshoot or diagnose it? Can my webcam be problematic or what?
Hope somebody can enlighten me
Similar Threads
-
By eadix in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
-
By lotech in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 03:21 PM
-
By dl5raz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 08:21 PM
-
By airplays in forum Ideas
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 04:48 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98