-
Junior Member
registered user
Hosted lan party w/knoppix on pII366, had prob with bind
Last night I was on the tech team for a lan party at my university. They don't let us have an internet connection so its a closed network.
I ran dhcp3d and had some good results. The network was 100Mbit and about 80 computers (averaged during the 12 hours we were there).
I wanted to run bind9 and it would not serve the zone files I had configured.
I had the dhcp server on 192.168.53.1 and wanted it to be called www.com
on 192.168.53.3 was ftp.com
on 192.168.53.4 was files1.com
on 192.168.53.5 was files2.com
It seems simple but I just couldn't get it. Could somebody give me some sample zone files so I can compare them to what I had?
The servers served over 100 gigs of data (mostly ISO's for people to use). At one point disk throughput was the limiting factor from the ftp server.
On the dhcp/dns server I think something wasn't running right.
With just dhcp, cron(for webalizer logs), dns, and ssh running it was using 118 megs of ram. I also only had the required modules running. removed all of the sound modules & extra filesystem modules and it was still using quite a bit of resources. Is this normal usage?
TIA
~ryan
Similar Threads
-
By pski49 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 09:40 PM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 03:17 AM
-
By nagaya in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:52 PM
-
By kenblood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
-
By lhoward in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

RGB Win11 AM4 Gaming PC Ryzen 5 3600X GeForce GTX1070Ti 512GB SSD 16GB RAM Wifi
$529.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00