-
recognising and mounting external ieee1394 DVD writer
I am new in Linux.
I have an external Sony DVD writer connected via ieee1394.
When my knoppix boots up, it does not recognise the device. I read a number of articles in this forum and find the rescan-scsi-bus.sh script. I ran the script and then run 'cdrecord -scanbus'. The DVD writer showed up (it was not there before running rescan-scsi-bus.sh).
According to various articles on this forum, the next thing I should do is to mount the device using command lines:
mkdir /mnt/sda1
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
However, I have already got a 'sda1' directory under /mnt and an external USB hard drive has been mounted on it.
My question is: what command line(s) that I should issue in order to mount the DVD writer?
Many thanks!
Nigel Leung
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:07 AM
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 02:59 AM
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By mgsimon in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-30-2004, 07:50 AM
-
By royville in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98