-
NEED DESPERATE HELP!!
What I need to do is to make a knoppix cd that has a special patched up kernel. This sounds easy enough but the hard part is that this patched up kernel is very complicated. I have made many attempts myself and I get stuck at various points. Im sure at the right hands, make a livecd is a trivial task, so if anyone could help, it's much appreciated.
Here's the kernel requirements:
1) I need the kernel 2.4.22 (which isnt hard since I think knoppix is already 2.4.22?)
2) I need these two patches applied.
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kerne...ata1.patch.bz2
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/lin...d-2.4.22.patch
3) Because of unknown reasons, certain modules need to be loaded before others, so I need to create an initrd which specifies the order of loading modules (now given that I dont even know what initrd is, Im just restating this from another guide).
The reason I'm doing this is because I have a intel raid chipset which linux does not support currently without those patches. And without this, I might not be able to use linux ever. A guide here describes a debian setup and requires many harddisks. http://users.pandora.be/TheBlackUnicorn/linux/
What I'm trying to do is to make a special knoppix in place of extra harddisk needed. This whole process and the guide sounds complicated but it really isnt (at least to those who are familiar with linux). Could anyone please please please help me with this? Thank you so much.
Similar Threads
-
By sdat1333 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99