-
NIC works with kernel 2.6.3 Knoppix 3.4 beta
Well, I guess I just have to wait for a kernel that supports the nic.
Funny thing on the sound...I went into Kmix and cranked the levels all the way up..then tried asteroids...no sound.
found the settings info.again under sound setup.its in a setup program for the sound that says not to run it from the x window interface (looks kind of like a DOS window and has no mouse support) . It still reports the drivers not in the path.
however the driver DOES appear to be loaded in the config.(EM10k1?...not the midi emulator I thought)
But when I shut down to exit the system then it played a sound ("shutting down system" quite loudly and clearly..
strange.
Anyway the onboard AC97 sound is disabled in bios.
Also I should mention that this IS an Nforce chipset (although the Nic is not the standard) and I'm using ACPI for interupt handling.
Could that have anything to do with the problems? I don't want to change that setting in bios cause it could trash the XP boot from what I've heard. If I forget to set it back it is a major problem. I want to stay with the LIVE CD for now.
I looked through the configuration of the system and noticed one other thing. Under the network devices it lists the R8169 as m.
Being a noob in linux i'm not sure how I can change it (or what to change it to) unless I do ahard install anmd recompile...which is more than I care to do just to see if I like the OS..
thanks again.
Been cruising looking for any live CD that might support the nic...no luck so far. 
UPDATEö managed to dowload the 3.4 beta ...problems still )sound and language,,,but I postingthis from knoppix..Kewl
Similar Threads
-
By thelordofthechip in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM
-
By henning.scheid in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 10:05 AM
-
By vacode in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:11 AM
-
By ruymbeke in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:05 PM
-
By Pierscoe1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Silicon Power 1TB SSD 3D NAND A55 SLC SATA III 2.5" SSD Laptop XBOX PS3 PC
$119.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99