-
Monitor remains blinking on my nForce
Hi,
I have got a wierd problem. When I boot from my Knoppix CD all my hardware seems to get detected. But when X starts, the screen remains blinking. I can hear the knppix startup sound in the background, which means that the system is not frozen. My system configuration is
AMD Duron 1200MHz
ASUS A7N 266 VM motherboard
nVidia Geforece 2 MX Integrated GPU
nVidia APU
Samsung Samtron 45B(n)
256 MB DDR SDRAM
SM56 PCI Internal Modem
40 GB HDD
ASUS 52X CD R
1'44" FDD
I installed the drivers from nvidia and made the module name to nvidia from nv in the xfree86-4 file but still no x. The error generated now by x is that nvidia kernel driver loaded but no screens found
Can anybody help me in this matter
Abu
-
Try this tip
I had the same problem with my monitor lcd!
I have discovered that using CTRL - ALT and the key "+" there is a procedure to scan automatically refresh rate.
and so the problem isn't a problem anymore
-
Thanx for the help. I will try this idea. I did get th display when i booted knoppix with the following parameters
knoppix lang=us xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev fb1024x768 xvrefresh=60
Thanks again for the help
Similar Threads
-
By gopikrish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
-
By Doni in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 09:28 AM
-
By fraxx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By comanam in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 07:37 PM
-
By Raz in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&
$69.90

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00