-
Junior Member
registered user
Hello. New to both the forums and Linux
Hello fellow forum members (I dont know what else to call you :P ). I am new to the scene here as well as a complete n00b to linux. I've a couple of 'friends' who run Gentoo, but they think themselves too high and mighty to help me with anything Linux related.
I first tried Linux just the other day, booting with Knoppix to be exact. The reason for doing so was quite simple: meh Windowz just loves to crash and refuse to boot. I have had a good 10 years with the OS (Windows in general, and I am only 17), and I am quite efficient with both the operation and repair of it. Even though it often breaks down, there has been only one instance in which it required a fresh install (not reformat mind you, too much crap to lose). And so, I found that Linux could access my hard drives without booting to Windows, so I had a friend download it. I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice GUI (hey, I did not know...) and to see it a functional OS.
Thanks for the support given by reading so far. I hope you guys can deal with me :P
Similar Threads
-
By gnarvaja in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 04:04 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 02:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99