Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HD Install and sound

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20

    HD Install and sound

    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: HD Install and sound

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBio
    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
    Adapted from another post:

    Open a console window (the "clam shell" icon on taskbar) and use the command su, then enter the root password. Next, enter the shell command /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa. Then open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volume levels at boot.

    There are a number of other threads on this, as well -- so search on ALSA HD install for more, if you need it.

Similar Threads

  1. no sound with hd install
    By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
  2. sound module install
    By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
  3. Configuring sound after HD install
    By langrisser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
  4. Thinkpad Sound- OK on CD, none on HDD Install
    By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
  5. Onboard sound and network-OK with CD, not HD install
    By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 14.1

Vintage Apple iBook G3 14.1" A1005 700 MHz 128MB Ram 30GB HDD READ

$99.95



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2 picture

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2

$109.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99