I'm no expert, but I'd have a go with
mkdir /mnt/sdb1
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
HTH
I am new in Linux.
I have an external Sony DVD writer connected via ieee1394.
When my knoppix boots up, it does not recognise the device. I read a number of articles in this forum and find the rescan-scsi-bus.sh script. I ran the script and then run 'cdrecord -scanbus'. The DVD writer showed up (it was not there before running rescan-scsi-bus.sh).
According to various articles on this forum, the next thing I should do is to mount the device using command lines:
mkdir /mnt/sda1
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
However, I have already got a 'sda1' directory under /mnt and an external USB hard drive has been mounted on it.
My question is: what command line(s) that I should issue in order to mount the DVD writer?
Many thanks!
Nigel Leung
I'm no expert, but I'd have a go with
mkdir /mnt/sdb1
mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/sdb1
HTH
Thanks, but unfortunately, sdb1 is also occupied by another partition of the external hard drive. And by the way, I tried sdc1 and it did not work. So what next?
Originally Posted by c123
the 'a'/'b/'c' etc refers to the device, and '1'/'2'/'3' etc' refers to the partition, i.e.
sda1 = scsi type device (sd), first (a) drive, first partition (1)
sdb6 = scsi type device (sd), second (b) drive, sixth partition (6)
what error messages are you getting? can youp ost the results of 'cdrecord -scanbus' and 'rescan-scsi-bus.sh'?

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$53.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1 - Tested -98% Life
$48.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99