Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HD Install and sound

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20

    HD Install and sound

    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: HD Install and sound

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBio
    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
    Adapted from another post:

    Open a console window (the "clam shell" icon on taskbar) and use the command su, then enter the root password. Next, enter the shell command /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa. Then open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volume levels at boot.

    There are a number of other threads on this, as well -- so search on ALSA HD install for more, if you need it.

Similar Threads

  1. no sound with hd install
    By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
  2. sound module install
    By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
  3. Configuring sound after HD install
    By langrisser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
  4. Thinkpad Sound- OK on CD, none on HDD Install
    By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
  5. Onboard sound and network-OK with CD, not HD install
    By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$32.99



Apple Macbook Pro 16

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good

$1099.99