Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HD Install and sound

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20

    HD Install and sound

    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: HD Install and sound

    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzieBio
    I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
    Adapted from another post:

    Open a console window (the "clam shell" icon on taskbar) and use the command su, then enter the root password. Next, enter the shell command /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa. Then open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volume levels at boot.

    There are a number of other threads on this, as well -- so search on ALSA HD install for more, if you need it.

Similar Threads

  1. no sound with hd install
    By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
  2. sound module install
    By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
  3. Configuring sound after HD install
    By langrisser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
  4. Thinkpad Sound- OK on CD, none on HDD Install
    By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
  5. Onboard sound and network-OK with CD, not HD install
    By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested picture

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested

$4200.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Micron MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G6 64GB (1x64GB) 4DRx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 Server Memory picture

Micron MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G6 64GB (1x64GB) 4DRx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 Server Memory

$314.99



SK Hynix 256GB 8x 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 ECC REG RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 256GB 8x 32GB 2Rx4 DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 ECC REG RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$1500.00



Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC picture

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC

$370.00



Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q Server Memory RAM *HP 752370-091 picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q Server Memory RAM *HP 752370-091

$135.00