-
Junior Member
registered user
HD Install and sound
I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: HD Install and sound

Originally Posted by
FuzzieBio
I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
Adapted from another post:
Open a console window (the "clam shell" icon on taskbar) and use the command su, then enter the root password. Next, enter the shell command /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa. Then open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volume levels at boot.
There are a number of other threads on this, as well -- so search on ALSA HD install for more, if you need it.
Similar Threads
-
By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
-
By langrisser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
-
By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
-
By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i5-8400T 1.7 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3X6
$28.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00