-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: HD Install and sound

Originally Posted by
FuzzieBio
I just installed the HD version and was just wondering how I could get the alsa sound drivers to work. The command had worked before with the CD version, but now I just dont know how to friggin apply it! Before I could put it in before everything started to boot, now I just cant figure out where to put it! I am a COMPLETE Linux n00b (started 1 day ago) so I still havent figured out this driver crap.
Adapted from another post:
Open a console window (the "clam shell" icon on taskbar) and use the command su, then enter the root password. Next, enter the shell command /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to have the sound devices created for alsa. Then open the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh with an editor and add the line aumix -w 75 -v 75 near the bottom of the file to set the default volume levels at boot.
There are a number of other threads on this, as well -- so search on ALSA HD install for more, if you need it.
Similar Threads
-
By masticate in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2005, 07:31 PM
-
By thummer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 04:17 PM
-
By langrisser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:57 AM
-
By hplasm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM
-
By AKengineer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Lot of 27 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop RAM PC4-2666V UDIMM HYNIX MICRON SAMSUNG
$750.00

Lot Of 50 8GB DDR4 RAM SO-DIMM Laptop Memory Tested
$1480.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99