-
Step by step install of Knoppix 3.4 required
First timer here..... A while ago I had installed Knoppix on my XP machine. I used a boot program that I found on the Screensavers. My question is, now that I have formatted and reinstalled XP, I cannot remember the program that I used for the dual boot. I would like a step by step guide to installing knoppix on an XP machine. I have an 80gb hd and will use partition magic to create the partitions.
What size do I need the swap and install partitions to be?
Do I use FAT32 for the Linux install?
All your help is greatly appreciated. I loved knoppix and can't wait to get it back installed. I have been hesitant to post here because of my background (extensive in Windows) and my business.
-
Junior Member
registered user
it was either system commander from v-communications or bootitng from terabyteunlimited.com. bootit does everthingthat PM does, at about a half the price.
-
No offense here, but that makes no sense to me. Maybe I didn't make any sense with my original post, but I have followed up here
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8582
and maybe that will help.
Similar Threads
-
By Patsy57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 03:22 PM
-
By Antoine in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By hnash53 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 02:33 PM
-
By Coume in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 04:47 PM
-
By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1SG 2RX4 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server Memory
$199.95