-
Newbie Wanting to Contribute
Ok. I'm new to this, I want something, and I'm willing to do the grunt work if I can get some guidance.
I now run Mandrake 9.1 on my PII/266. I use it to do some Latex and I'm trying to learn more about Linux. Importantly, this Linux box is my router and firewall for the rest of the family's Windows PC's.
I've tried Knoppix on my PII. It ran perfectly first time no fuss no muss. So, I thought it would be great if Knoppix could be my firewall/router. Plus, with Knoppix I could have that live CD security (reboot = original config all nasties in ramdisk gone). If I'm not home, my wife could reboot without worry if there were a problem. Can other distros do this? No because they are dedicated only to FW/router. I want a little more.
So what needs to be done for me to make this happen? Where do I get info? What should I consider? Like I say, I will happily do the work but at this point I'm not sure where to begin. Any guidance would be appreciated. TIA.
Similar Threads
-
By hitokiri007 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 07:56 AM
-
By Romen in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 01:49 AM
-
By myko88 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:44 PM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By fatemonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 03:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00