Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: haha, now I really need some help......

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    4

    haha, now I really need some help......

    First, let me clarify... It is version 3.3 I have. I installed it through the console except now when I reboot my system I cannot get it to boot into Knoppix. Through PM8 I can see that it installed, but I cannot access it from boot up. When it asked me about Lilo into the MBR I said yes. What am I missing and what can I do to have a screen open up at boot that offers me a choice of one or the other for 30 seconds?

    Thanks again for all you help...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    The command

    Code:
    knoppix-installer
    installs the cdrom to the hard drive. I tried using using Partition Magic n(?) when I was getting started in linux. The results were inconsistant. I settled on using Partition Magic for Windows and knoppix-installer for knoppix live cd's. The knoppix-installer has a pretty good partitioning tool. Use cfdisk if you have problems. So, what I am getting around to is a reinstall using the knoppix-installer tools. Many people have had excellent results from using them. I have 2 machines that dual boot that have had different knoppix distros along with windows, never a problem. Before you do a reinstall someone might be able to give a better answer about lilo recovery.

    johnb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive) picture

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)

$100.00