Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Couple questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Couple questions

    Hi guys! I'm a complete newb. I've done some searching but can't seem to get the answer to these questions:

    1. If I install will I be able to have user root?

    2. If I install can I forego bootloader for bootdisk (floppy)?

    3. If I install will I be able to access my ntfs partitions?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    1. yes, choose a Debian install(default)when doing a knoppix-installer.
    2.Lilo boot loader is installed by default but you also get to make a boot floppy by default also.
    3.Yes, you should have access to read ntfs not write to it. You can create a fat 32 drive that is read/write accessable to linux and windows.
    johnb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanks johnb. I don't need to write to the drive, I just need to access a partition that has a few things I can use on Windows and Linux (mp3s, vids, bookmarks, etc).

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Hi
    Well you could just leave them on your windows drive. Linux can mount the drive and you will have access to them.
    johnb

Similar Threads

  1. A couple questions after install.
    By GFBurke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 06:09 AM
  2. Install Seems to Have went OK(Details)...couple questions
    By BeatFreak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:49 AM
  4. A couple of questions
    By stv in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2003, 04:13 PM
  5. Newbie's couple of questions
    By lrf in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-04-2003, 05:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU

$45.00



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$81.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard picture

GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard

$55.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B365M-PLUS LGA 1151 DDR4 8th/9th Gen Intel B365 Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B365M-PLUS LGA 1151 DDR4 8th/9th Gen Intel B365 Motherboard

$89.00