-
HELP wanted: Make Gnome-based Distro (Germany)
Hi everybody,
I wanted to start a distribution based on Knoppix / debian.
I know theres a lot of demand for a customizied Linux-version based on Gnome.
I want to aim at making it also public distribution in Germany/Europe, like RedHat/Fedora in US.
So anyone expierenced in building such a distro and possibly living in Berlin, please mail me [email protected] or let the discussion start in this forum.
Maybe someone already started working on that and I could join the team.
Greetings, Clemens.
-
I have met at least one German developer in the http://www.gnoppix.org/ IRC channel, I think they'd need help to fix some minor bugs in the german localization.
Oh, and in case you don't know Gnoppix; it's all Gnome, very slick looking and... well, go check it out yourself! And if you got the skills, you might as well team up with them
-
Cool, thank you EmDee.
Is it right, that Knoppix is only based on KDE?
-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE is the default. Knopppix has some more minimal window managers you can use as alternates like icewm, fluxbox, and xfce. Gnoppix and Knoppix 3.4 Cebit both have gnome.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By aay in forum The Lounge
Replies: 35
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 12:59 AM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By daudi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:56 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085
$140.00