-
Junior Member
registered user
Alright everyody, I'm within inches...I've found a GRUB menu entry that is working perfectly, however there is a problem. The only way I can get GRUB to work is by booting it off a floppy. I ran "w32grub -i B:" in an MS-DOS window to make the floppy, and it works fine to boot from, but it's essential that I can boot from the hard drive only. I tried "w32grub -i C:" but it just tells me to do what I've already done (append "C:\boot\stage1="GRUB"" to boot.ini). When I try to load that at startup, it clears the screen and says "GRUB Loading stage2..." and stalls. If anybody has had this problem before or could point me to a more appropriate board to post my question in (I haven't been able to find a board addressing w32grub), I would be much obliged.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00