-

Originally Posted by
Markus
Thanks for the above, a very useful and interesting link.
I read what they have about size limitations and it lead me to Maxtors own info. on the topic. Basically it seems there are 3 solutions (unless Knoppix or Linux offers an alternative? PLEASE!).
1) Use WindozeXP with Maxtors "Big Drive Enabler" - yes this fixes the problem in Windoze - but not Knoppix.
2) Download and Install: The Intel Application Accelerator which provides 48-Bit LBA compliant ATA/ATAPI controller drivers (IntelATA.mpd) BUT only if you have an Intel chipset (guess what... mines ALI M1645!)
3) Buy an Ultra ATA adapter card OR a new mobo - if only I had the money, unfortunately I just spent my savings on a new 160Gb hard drive!
Maybe Knoppix3.4 with the latest Linux Kernel will provide the solution?
I wait in hope for a solution, meanwhile I can still use 128GiB or 137GB of my disk.
Regards "H"
P.S. Scan had a Highpoint Rocket Accelerator on their "Today Only" page at the weekend, so I dug deep and bought one (only £14.68 ) I now have a much faster and complete 160Gb+ disk. I've decide to use my original 45Gb disk just for Linux so I'm now going to set it up to dual-boot.
Similar Threads
-
By usaramblinman69 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 02:02 AM
-
By hotrodedmonds in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 09:42 PM
-
By hotrodedmonds in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 02:42 PM
-
By e.newed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By Breakout42 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99