You mean having a bootoption to select if it should act as a remote X client or as a X server? Would be quite useful, especially for older systems, yups![]()
Hello,
I run Knoppix just to autodetect the hardware and then launch
"X -broadcast :1".
Why don't add it during the boot process ?
for the moment, I need to keep the first X running to avoid rebooting.
It would be fun to build a lot of Linux desktop on old heterogenous hardware.
Thanks
simkim
You mean having a bootoption to select if it should act as a remote X client or as a X server? Would be quite useful, especially for older systems, yups![]()
yes, I use knoppix as a system for a 350Mhz desktop and I launch a remote X on a recent box (1700Mhz) which is over-powerfull to launch vim, make and mozilla. so I have 2 fast desktop.Originally Posted by Alextreme
It could be used in companies. You buy one linux box, and users can have Linux on there desktop without touching the MS Windows. So they can go back if something goes wrong.

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SK hynix PC801 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 x4 Internal SSD HFS512GDE9X081N
$90.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00