-
My 4 port 10/100 NIC is slow!
Good day!
I am loving Knoppix, I recently got it installed on my dual Pentium Pro computer and it's very fast, except for one aspect.
My Adaptec 4 Port NIC (ANA-6944A/TX) is getting slow transfer rates.
Here's what it looks like:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=51195
I have been copying over files from another machine on the network and I'm getting a max transfer rate of 3.6 MB/s.
All my other transfers with other 100BT NICs get at least 8MB/s.
I would suspect that the drivers for my old Adaptec NIC are to blame. I for one am grateful that the NIC actually works (since Windows no longer supports it), but I would be happy if I could get the NIC to work a bit more efficiently.
I would also like to be able to get more than one port on it to work at a time.
I've used the "KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card configuration" utility from the "star applications menu" and tried initializing the other ports. But haven't gotten them to work. Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By kbates666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 01:47 AM
-
By kn2user in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:43 PM
-
By vtechstu in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By ngtisu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By oscar in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 03:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive
$69.99