Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Small hard drive install

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6

    Small hard drive install

    I did an install on a small hard drive as described in a previous post and it seems to work at runlevel2 but when I just let it boot it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly. I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

    where else could it go?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    I had the same problem with my HD install...
    running
    dpkg-reconfigure xfreeserver-xfree86
    worked for me or xf86config i think would do the same job.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Small hard drive install

    Quote Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
    it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly.
    What cheat code?

    I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

    where else could it go?
    Depending on what the code is you may simply be able to add it to /etc/lilo.conf

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6

    Re: Small hard drive install

    The cheat code is knoppix xvrefresh 56 the LCD screen won't take the default 60hz and I just get junk for a second then it turn black.

    dpkg-reconfigure, I will try this but where do the zfreeserver-xfree86 and xfconfig reside? or do I even need to know this? I'll have a look when I get home.

    thanks


    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
    it's not taking my cheat code I need to make the video work properly.
    What cheat code?

    I put the cheat code in syslinux.cfg and it just boots to a black screen.

    where else could it go?
    Depending on what the code is you may simply be able to add it to /etc/lilo.conf

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Small hard drive install

    Quote Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
    The cheat code is knoppix xvrefresh 56 the LCD screen won't take the default 60hz and I just get junk for a second then it turn black.
    You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:

    Code:
    VertRefresh     56

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6

    Re: Small hard drive install

    Ok this didn't work , I don't know why it did seem to change what happens when it boots up but I still just get a black screen at the end of it all. is there another script or multiple scripts that it reads from when booting ?


    You could change that by simply editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. I don't have a Knoppix-configured XF86Config-4 handy but for a standard XF86Config-4 I would just add the following:

    Code:
    VertRefresh     56
    [/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. hard drive install problems
    By Phishman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 08:06 PM
  2. Hard Drive install
    By kamal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 07:39 AM
  3. Hard drive install - issues
    By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. Getting More Help With a Hard Drive Install
    By brianfay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 12:42 PM
  5. Hard drive Install
    By Gregwithoneg in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS picture

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS

$40.00



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage picture

Vintage Trading Expert for Windows - AIQ Systems Floppy Disks Software + Storage

$75.00



Vintage Honeywell Military Aerospace Avionics PCB Gold Ceramic Hybrid IC Board picture

Vintage Honeywell Military Aerospace Avionics PCB Gold Ceramic Hybrid IC Board

$299.95



Vintage NAV 2300 Series Computer Boards Intel 8255 Mostek  6305P Gold Ceramic IC picture

Vintage NAV 2300 Series Computer Boards Intel 8255 Mostek 6305P Gold Ceramic IC

$199.95



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



PhotoMaker Vintage Macintosh Painting and Image Editing Software 1995 SEALED picture

PhotoMaker Vintage Macintosh Painting and Image Editing Software 1995 SEALED

$35.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00