Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

    HD install of knoppix 2-16-04 debian style. I reinstalled mozilla non-deb but for my kernel, went very well, everything peachie! but... a favorite site of mine is requesting the installation of a plugin, java2 they call it. Click on the netscape link, grant permission, download the bugger - an hour later after dling that lot on a dilaup I get "permission denied" from netscape dialog. Any ideas? It is a long slow download for me, it doesn't save it to harddive that I can find it to try and run as root, only thing I can think of why I am getting the error. Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed? Help appreciated, this is it ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed?
    Yes!

    you might want to just use:

    wget -c ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

    or an ftp client to get the file.

    then install the file as root, once it is downloaded.

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    thank you!

    thank you Rock! I am now wgetting, if that doesn't work, uh doh - I never thought of save as rather than install since I had no problem doing other installs xpi and was getting sooooooo aggravated with it being such a long dl to begin with.
    I do have an ftp client also which I am damn proud of myself installing, gftp (please don't tell me it was already on knoppix when I spent two nights getting that baby in there - just don't tell me)
    The ftp client for uploading to my website was one of three requisites I am working on to be totally independent of my windoze. I am still trying to get proficient at gimp.....(I want my photoshop, damnit) and last but not least, suggestions much appreciated....I need a newsreader...mozilla though my choice of browser in nix and doze, I don't use it for a newreader, frankly sux with my provider at least. Anything like agent out there for linux? Still searching for something with a gui that will keep the news connection alive and send the pw and authentication as needed. Mozilla refuses and I can't keep signing in every 3 minutes, literally. I do not care about binaries, in fact, don't want them. I just want to read my newsies.

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  2. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  3. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  4. Mozilla
    By denver1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM
  5. MOZILLA Question
    By xetaprime in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$409.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$399.99



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$281.25



IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD picture

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD

$87.96