Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    JRE2 or bust, mozilla-xpi question

    HD install of knoppix 2-16-04 debian style. I reinstalled mozilla non-deb but for my kernel, went very well, everything peachie! but... a favorite site of mine is requesting the installation of a plugin, java2 they call it. Click on the netscape link, grant permission, download the bugger - an hour later after dling that lot on a dilaup I get "permission denied" from netscape dialog. Any ideas? It is a long slow download for me, it doesn't save it to harddive that I can find it to try and run as root, only thing I can think of why I am getting the error. Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed? Help appreciated, this is it ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Do I have to go onto the internet as root to get this installed?
    Yes!

    you might want to just use:

    wget -c ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6.../jre131_02.xpi

    or an ftp client to get the file.

    then install the file as root, once it is downloaded.

    ~rock

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276

    thank you!

    thank you Rock! I am now wgetting, if that doesn't work, uh doh - I never thought of save as rather than install since I had no problem doing other installs xpi and was getting sooooooo aggravated with it being such a long dl to begin with.
    I do have an ftp client also which I am damn proud of myself installing, gftp (please don't tell me it was already on knoppix when I spent two nights getting that baby in there - just don't tell me)
    The ftp client for uploading to my website was one of three requisites I am working on to be totally independent of my windoze. I am still trying to get proficient at gimp.....(I want my photoshop, damnit) and last but not least, suggestions much appreciated....I need a newsreader...mozilla though my choice of browser in nix and doze, I don't use it for a newreader, frankly sux with my provider at least. Anything like agent out there for linux? Still searching for something with a gui that will keep the news connection alive and send the pw and authentication as needed. Mozilla refuses and I can't keep signing in every 3 minutes, literally. I do not care about binaries, in fact, don't want them. I just want to read my newsies.

Similar Threads

  1. Uninstall Mozilla and Mozilla components
    By turbines in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
  2. Clicking mailto links in Mozilla opens Mozilla Mail notKMail
    By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
  3. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
  4. Mozilla
    By denver1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 12:08 PM
  5. MOZILLA Question
    By xetaprime in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025

$22.00



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$69.00



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION* picture

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*

$319.79



Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket picture

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket

$249.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99