-
Senior Member
registered user
Shopping List (Part II)
(1) After -=-finally-=- getting ALSA to work on my system, whew, now I am having sound quality issues. No hardware was changed, wires, setups as far as how the hardware is set up, just ALSA vs the "default" installed sound from Knoppix.
I can play an audio cd through XMMS and hear a low clicking noise that runs about every five seconds. Both Audacity and ReZound have this problem: I can play a external (line) input device audio, it sounds fine, I hit record, it appears to have recorded fine, until I play the recorded sound back, or save the sound to disk and play it back through any player, I get noise -=- like a static sound -=- that accompanies any sound. When the sound is silent, so is the noise, but as the sound gets louder, so too does the noise. I have tried different volume levels, and same result. What is the big deal with ALSA, I didn't have any of these problems with the "default" sound in Knoppix.
(2) After doing the apt-get upgrade from hell, I now show a 235.8 MEG device, named tmpfs, with a mount point of /dev/shm - where did this come from, and why? It currently shows no space usage, but what is it?
(3) How do you auto-start a program in a user login? Now that I have ALSA, I like to have the mixer up and viewable, but leaving AlsaMixerGUI just running when I log out, does not bring it back up when I re-login. So, how would I get it so that this "program" runs when my user logs in?
(4) ReZound - since I have been having so many problems with Audacity, a nice "feature" of getting ALSA running on my system is that ReZound NOW will let me record, as it wouldn't before. Problem is that it appears that ReZound likes to write to memory while you are recording, considering limited memory, and abundant hard disk free space, and the fact I am recording up to 50 minutes of continuous sound, memory could/will run out. Does anyone know a way to "point" ReZound to working on the hard drive, or a temp folder, instead of memory?
(5) Anyone ever work with a SanDisk Flash Reader (ImageMate II CompactFlash USB), connected to the USB, in Debian/Knoppix? What file system does it use? (ain't vfat thats for sure!)
Sorry for the collection of questions, but since Knoppix.Net was down for almost a day in my part of the world, I collected a few questions while I waited for its return...
Thanks for any and all assistance...
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Gurgham in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-26-2005, 04:02 AM
-
By vdesibabu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
-
By boo ya in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00