Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The `GtkButton' error

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12

    The `GtkButton' error

    Sometimes when I try to install a program from a tarball archive I receive the following error:

    /usr/share/themes/Geramik/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:25: error: unexpected identifier `GtkButton', expected character `}'

    Could anyone advise me what to do? Why this error occurs and could it be fixed?
    I think the first time it occured was when I installed mplayer. It runs now but without a panel.

    I use Knoppix3.3 from 11.19.2003


    And one more bug... I tried to reach the "Bugs" menu from the knoppix.net page, but I got "404 Page not found" error, so I'm describing the bug here...
    I was trying to mv a directory from a fat32 partition to my desktop. I don't remember the error, but the result was that the directory was deleted from the fat32 partition and not only, that it was not copied to my desktop, but everything from my dekstop was deleted :} Only the trash, the floppy icon and one directory survived.


    Thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Fla,

    Don't think I can help you on the second issue, never heard, or had, or seen that, before. So, I won't babble 'bout something I don't know...

    BUT, your little error from GTK-2, I have seen that, I have it as well - possibly even the exact version you have, Knoppix that is. I get it when I try and run Frozen-Bubble from a prompt, from Audacity when I run it from a prompt, etc... I don't have a clue why it is "yelling", because it doesn't "appear" to discourage the programs I am running, that give this error. I just chocked it down as a "gremlin" in the OS, considering it hasn't ever caused a program not to run, but just a few "hello, I just wanted to spit something on your screen, because I can" kinda thing...

    Hmmmmm, maybe someone else has a more "indepth" resolve, or resolution, I just let it yack, as long as it doesn't stop the program, or crash the system, or delete my hard drive, etc...

    Just my thoughts,
    Cuddles

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Copied from another post:

    Change your $HOME/.gtkrc to replace the line:
    include "/usr/share/themes/Geramik/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
    with:
    include "/usr/share/themes/Geramik/gtk/gtkrc"

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Dumb question here Markus, but, what if I don't have a .gtkrc file in my home folder?

    Because I don't...
    Cuddles

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    DOH

    Got caught using the Konsole Prompt, my mistake, you need to see them using a Konqueror Window. [just when I thought I was going to be so clever and show that I use the shell now ]

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    removed unnecessary post

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Do f.ex. "ls -la" in the shell prompt to see .files

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Oh My GOD

    That is sooooo kewl - a new option for ls - one that I never knew about either - amazing what modern science will come up with these days [giggle]

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    12

    Re: The `GtkButton' error

    Quote Originally Posted by fla
    .
    I was trying to mv a directory from a fat32 partition to my desktop. I don't remember the error, but the result was that the directory was deleted from the fat32 partition and not only, that it was not copied to my desktop, but everything from my dekstop was deleted :} Only the trash, the floppy icon and one directory survived.


    Thank you
    I have had similiar problems when I copy a file from FAT32. It does copy it, but usually the whole Knoppix Desktop disappears. That is the Desktop files and so forth are still there, but the desktop you look at is completely bare, and you cannot add anything else by dragging files from Konquerer or anything else for that matter. Windows sstill open but only from panel.
    Anyone had similiar issues? And/or fixes?

    -Brady

Similar Threads

  1. Error?...
    By tytons in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
  2. d1x error
    By ptesone in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
  3. Xine error after doing a Upgrade, error posted. (resolved)
    By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
  4. mkisofs error: end request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy...
    By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
  5. Partition-error (Table written but error while reading!!!)
    By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55