-
How to open ports for eetee P2P :(
Hey everybody,
I recently download eetee a P2P software that allow to connect on eDonkey, Napster, Gnutella, Bittorent network, but i can't download anything.
I do have the research working but no download. So, I was wondering if somebody knows how to open the different ports the soft asks me to open.
I was looking on the FAQ of the soft and here is what I found:
Port mapping for Lan users or proxy, firewall users
• For eDonkey: 4662,4672,4711
• For OpenNap: all ports 6600 to 6700
• For GNUTELLA: 6346
• For Bittorrent : 6880 or random port between 6880 and 6889
• For JXTA Groups (connection to superpeer) : 9700,9701. See next question...
Does anybody have an idea ?
I'm running Knoppix on HD V3.3-2004-02-16 everything is left like after the default install.
-
Is somebody knows if I need to install a firewall to do that or if there is somthing built in to deal with that?
Thanks for answering.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have a default Knoppix setup I don't think there is anything in it that would block those ports. (at least on my 3.3 2003-11-19 install there's no firewall configured by default)
Might be the next box between you and the internet, that is a router box, a cabel/dsl modem or maybe something your ISP has installed on it's end.
Similar Threads
-
By andreb in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
-
By Maverik in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By firebyrd10 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 10:58 PM
-
By jojo in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-23-2004, 11:56 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1444.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99