-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: ok :) ready (Apparently not...) BURN IMAGE yes IMAGE

Originally Posted by
jarmstrong
To clerify.
I want to boot from Just cd to os on cd.
Tried Make bootable CD. and then tried make data then add bootable image to CD but the size is only 1kb. go figure.
I have tried Nero 5.5 to . FYI I am force to create put in a floppy before I burn to get windows sysem files off.. I guess. I did last night and it booted right from good but to a fake A:drive.
Nero reads this: PLease insert bootalbe dics into selected drive.. yad aya yada ... click next to make sure your medium bootable the same way your floppy is.
To create a bootbl dics for your os R>click you floppy disk (that I dont have here .. but I do have on another PC. floppy that is.) select format in the popup menu. Copy system files is checked... ......... ... . and go ahead and make a bootable cd for dos. <- sarcaim.... sy.
For the LAST TIME:
YOU ARE NOT MAKING A BOOT DISK!
Sorry didn't mean to yell. But please follow the posts here. You burn an image (DO N O T make a 'boot disk then burn image or make a boot disk and add files or whatever. JUST BURN AN IMAGE. that is all and only all...... 
you will :
do what?
lets all repeat:
BURN an IMAGE
Yes, an IMAGE !
only an image
not a boot disk.
not a boot disk and a file and an image.,
just
BURN IMAGE
that is ALL
OKAY. sorry. But I really do hope you got it this time.
By the way you would probably be better off using Alcohol 120% to burn your image. (It doesn't even give you an option to make a boot disk(HA) so you wouldn't have that problem at least. ) I have heard that Nero may give some ppl probs when burning images (but that isn't what your problem was...)
To get this (and please do!) go to:
http://www.alcohol-software.com/download.php
or just click this if you trust me:
http://downloads.alcohol-software.co...1_4_8_1222.exe
if ya want the shareware anyway.
good luck..sounds like you'll need it.
-b
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-24-2005, 08:38 PM
-
By dhough in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By oiic in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 12:49 PM
-
By b_rimes in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:28 PM
-
By EPS in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Timetec MS10 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe Gen3x4 3D NAND SSD 35TTFP6PCIE-1TB
$89.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99