-
Senior Member
registered user
How do you disable APM after a Knoppix hd install?
Subject pretty much says it all.
I have knx-hdinstall 'ed Knoppix v3.3 onto my hard drive, and even though I disable apm, and any other "laptop" type shutdowns from within the BIOS, as soon as Debian/Knoppix begins to boot off the hard drive, I can see it saying: "APM disabled in BIOS, re-enabling..."
The problem I am having is, no matter what I change, in any settings, or configs, after "who knows how long" of minutes, my screen goes BLACK for a few seconds, and then comes back to its original. It appears that whatever is causing this to happen, still keeps the system up and running, if I click on something, just before this happens, after the screen comes back, the "something" is either being started, has started, or possibly even completed, during this BLACK OUT...
My assumptions have me thinking it has something to do with Power Management, and I HATE power management - If I cared how many "milliwatts" I could save by shutting down my monitor, or spinning down my hard drives, when "something" thinks I don't need them anymore, I might have a few pennies saved. But I don't care - when I have something ON, it should stay ON - If I want it OFF, I will turn it OFF. If I was running on a laptop, I would care about conservating energy, but I'm connected to a POWER PLANT, with a 90 minute UPS atop of that, "I don't need no stinkin' energy conservation" [giggle]
Someone have the answer? Who can be first to post to this simple question? [the clock is ticking]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By hcdunlap in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2005, 03:50 AM
-
By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
-
By ckassab in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 03:24 AM
-
By MaTh2k in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM DDR4 Server Memory RAM
$355.00

Samsung 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC (1x16GB)
$100.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SAMSUNG 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB3Q DDR4 Memory RAM *HP 752369-081
$75.00

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$155.00

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00