Being nobody answerd my question I finally found an answer.
Q: Is there a way to list all of the packages installed on a
system through dpkg?
A: dpkg -l |grep ^(i|h)
I've just installed Knopix on my laptop and I was wanting to remove the extra "baggae" that came with it that would only slow down my operation.
I've checked /var/logs for a install log but didnt see one, is there a listing somewhere that will tell me where to find the info I'm looking for.
Thanks
Being nobody answerd my question I finally found an answer.
Q: Is there a way to list all of the packages installed on a
system through dpkg?
A: dpkg -l |grep ^(i|h)
--Here's an example script:
BEGIN /root/bin/knx-freshinstall-purgedebs
Code:#!/bin/bash # Note - you can get pkg size with ' dpkg -s ' function deldeb { echo " --- Deleting: $1" apt-get remove --purge --assume-yes $1 } # Get rid of default Knoppix pkgs we don't need deldeb emacs* #deldeb gnome-bin #deldeb gnome-desktop-* #deldeb gnome-games-locale #deldeb gnome-* deldeb amanda-* deldeb amor #deldeb apache* deldeb cervisia deldeb docbook* deldeb dump deldeb falconseye* deldeb festival deldeb freeciv* deldeb frotz deldeb gimp1.* deldeb gphoto2 #deldeb ircii deldeb isdn* deldeb jpilot* deldeb kde-i18n* deldeb larswm deldeb lincity* #Lopster no longer installed #deldeb openoffice* ##deldeb pcmcia* deldeb psi deldeb qcad deldeb rosegarden deldeb scantv deldeb tipptrainer deldeb bochs* deldeb chromium* deldeb foomatic* # (14MB) #deldeb frozen-bubble* # (12.5MB) deldeb gnocatan* deldeb gramofile deldeb mozilla* # (33 MB - we have opera now) deldeb nethack* deldeb pilot-link deldeb wireless-tools deldeb ace-of-penguins deldeb asc # (12MB) deldeb autoconf2.13 # (obsolete) deldeb dc # (reversepolishcalc) deldeb ettercap ##deldeb gaim* # (2.5MB) deldeb gpsdrive deldeb imaze deldeb lde deldeb radio deldeb rocks-n-diamonds # (8.3MB!) deldeb unp deldeb unzoo deldeb unarj deldeb v4lconf deldeb vgabios deldeb xdaliclock deldeb pcscd deldeb slrn deldeb cdrdao* deldeb gcdmaster*Originally Posted by awreneau
Don't know why you didn't get a reply, others have walked where you are going. see http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...376&highlight= for one discussion. There are also some users who have written & posted some scripts for customizing Knoppix but I haven't use any of them personally (been playing with Mandrake for a while) ( but RPM's are a PITA, even with rpmDrake. I think I'm going to go back to Knoppix, it's the easiest way I know to get a Debian system & apt-get.)

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72