-
Some questions after 3.4 installed
Hello! I have some questions:
I´ve installed 3.4ct, when i login as root in the console it doesnt ask for a password. i´d like to know how to make the system ask for the root password every time i want to use that account. Aswell when changing to terminal (ctr+alt+f2 for example) user root is already logged in.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
PD: i hope i could explain my question, i´m still a begginer in this O.S.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It is not advisable to use the 3.4 CT edition to use it for harddisk installation.
CT personalised this.
This is already mentioned somewhere in this forum.
-
I think that with the answers could learn more about linux. I know that the ct edition isnt a good choice but i wanted to try the 2.6 kernel and had these questions.
Ok, lets wait for the 3.4 ed. of knoppix! btw, thnx for the answer.
-
I'm running on a hd-install of 3.4 C't at home. I haven't noticed such an issue, but I always use sudo pretty much so maybe I'm overlooking it.
Are you ever able to login with a password? If not, have you tried setting a password for root using the passwd command?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Some questions after 3.4 installed

Originally Posted by
Zhukov
Hello! I have some questions:
I´ve installed 3.4ct, when i login as root in the console it doesnt ask for a password. i´d like to know how to make the system ask for the root password every time i want to use that account. Aswell when changing to terminal (ctr+alt+f2 for example) user root is already logged in.
Thanks in advance for your answers.
PD: i hope i could explain my question, i´m still a begginer in this O.S.
Sounds like you have done a Knoppix style install not a Debian one. If this is so then you need to install again using the Debian method and you will have a "normal" system not one that acts like the CD.
Similar Threads
-
By bcalder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
-
By Harami in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 03:09 AM
-
By Zero_1984 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-01-2004, 03:49 AM
-
By philipx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By micheles in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00