-
Junior Member
registered user
Wrong ISO dimension
I've tried to make my knoppix remaster as described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document.
All works fine for me except the dimension of the final ISO. It's always greater than I expected.
So I've decided to make an experiment: remaster knoppix... without remastering !
Well, I mean: I've repeated all the step described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document except that I've removed/added absolutely nothing.
I've said: now the remaster ISO will be (obviously) of the same dimension of the original...
NO !!!!
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso = 699.9 MB = 733.928.848 bytes
My remaster = 703,4 MB
What's wrong ?!?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It should be somewhere in the docs..
Mr. Knopper uptimizes his version so the files are more optionaly distributed and thus take less space. It's ussualy too much work for remasterer to follow that technique...
Search old postings for that link to mailing list message..
-
Junior Member
registered user
yes, I found it.
Thanks !
Similar Threads
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By ngs in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By ovunque in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By level in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By H-Makro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00